Monday, 11 April 2011

Promo Stamp Book Development

With my printed portfolio complete and the tube stamps finished all that is left to complete for my Airside interview is my stamp design book to use as a promo leave-behind to showcase my designs. The interview is in two days (traveling tomorrow afternoon) so a quick turnaround is essential!
As it will be a small format book, there really isn't too much scope for an experimental layout and I don't want to interfere with the stamp designs themselves. What I am really aiming for is a clean design with tidy type / explanation for each design and a scale image of each stamp set so that the essentially speak for themselves across each DPS.
My initial quick DPS layout tests:


Happy with an approach I applied the rule to the entire document. The rules - stamps at 100% placed centrally on the recto page. Description type spanning the left three columns of the five column grid - this enables breathing room between the design and its descriptor on each spread, something I found was very important in my test layouts. Finally the descriptor type should be centrally aligned horizontally to the page no matter the size of the paragraphs - this helps the layout of the verso pages to mirror the position of the design placement on the recto pages.
As I said earlier, this book has a very tight turnaround to be ready for my Airside interview so i have elected to keep it simple and tidy. I need to print the whole thing tomorrow morning and construct the book before my train at 5pm. Aaaargh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - FMP