I quite like Angus' pitch from last year, good use of colour and the banner motif adds more than just a simple typographic poster, playing on the tag-line 'Time to Celebrate'. I can't help but feel it is a little tame and by the book. For me the slogan has a nice sentiment but lacks the wit of a pun which may draw an audience in. That said I can't really fault his typography skills and the clarity of his exhibition guide layout. It's all just a bit too graphic and tame and in my opinion fails to make a statement about the institution. What you have to remember is that should the pitch win press adds will be placed in magazines such as Creative Review and Freeze and treatment that is too tame may get overlooked when battling for attention next to other institutions press adds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment