Earlier today I printed the postage stamp packaging I designed last night. It turned out brilliantly - all of the mixed colours printed perfectly and the format is very nice to hold and interact with. The off-centre fold that creates a white flap on the right-hand side is a convincing feature and works well to help the use open the package. I also like the contrast between the grey outer artwork and the colour pallet of the stamps on the inside - it helps to highlight the detail of the stamps. Finally, glad to see the pictograms on the reverse are effective such a small scale. The rest of my day / night will be spent producing the A3 submission boards for the competition.
On that note, you may remember that last night I redesigned the Atom stamps using a slightly larger stamp template given to me when entering the competition. I've just read on the entry form small print that the stamps must be at the definitive size (what I originally designed them at) and that the larger stamp formats are for the other 'British Fashion Classics' stamp design brief. Not the end of the world but it will mean that I have to re-design this packaging to fit the slightly smaller definitive size Atom stamps. Nevertheless these are great folio shots and tidy little artifacts - very happy with the design. Long night ahead I think! Hehe




No comments:
Post a Comment