Designed by Yacht Associates and printed by Generation Press, this is a book about the beautiful game. The cover of he book displays my intentions for the BA Surface pattern book - neutral and understated so the emphasis is put onto the tactile finish of the cover and the actual contents of the book. The most important thing is to produce a book cover that makes you want to open it.
This is a hardback, something that I would like to produce for this project but that is obviously dependent on the budget available to us. On that note, I am looking forward to contacting and working with printers on this project discussing budgets and finishes so we can get the best result we can.
Its a simple cover with debossed type into a textured covering stock. Beautifully understated.
Inside there is little type so as to not distract you from the images.
The pages are also fold out - a technique we could employ in the yearbook so the designed has more space to display their work. Imaging a full bleed example of the designers work on the inside of the folded page with another full bleed example visible on the recto page when it is folded up. The verso page could contain designer information - contact, website, personal statement in a column with the rest of the page whitespace. Probably easier to draw out an example... so I did...The only problem with this is that it could prove expensive so we will need to discuss budgets and stick to them rigidly. I like the idea though. I'll talk to Ian and Charlotte about in our meeting tomorrow.






No comments:
Post a Comment