Having discussed the layout for our initial yearbook pages we thought it best to hop onto a Mac each to get some initial ideas down. Here are some initial spreads from Charlotte. In this first one I like the amount of white space but feel that there is a lack of order to the head shot and personal information on the left hand page.
I like the use of the column in the next one much better, it creates a hierarchy of information. Also the large photo of the work gives it a sense of scale and provides the viewer with an overview of the graduates practice. The smaller frames on the left allow for project specific shots and attention to detail. Similar to the above, not too sure I like the large image running over the centre of the book. If we did implement this we would need to be sure that not too much of the image is lost in the gutter. Digging the large work overview image though. It add realism to the images. The balance between this and the smaller frames will be key.



No comments:
Post a Comment