This concept for a series of stamps explores the UK first of Splitting the Atom. Ernest Walton & John Cockroft were the first people to successfully split the atom in 1932. I thought that this was an interesting UK first and instantly thought of the concept of using the given format of stamps to physically split the image of an atom itself.
Atom Diagrams:
The first attempt at a simple nucleus diagram with repeated pattern background spread across 4 stamps.Colour variations:
Not convinced by these designs, I think the weight of the line pattern in the background is too heavy and that there is too much colour going on. Although I like the idea of using a patten in the background, it should be much finer and subtle, as you find on currency. The whole composition looks too busy right now and lacks clarity. I'll start afresh tomorrow I think.




No comments:
Post a Comment