Looking on the RSA website under the stamp brief there are a selection of templates available to guide the design of the stamps. The sizes available for use are:
27mm x 37mm portrait
35mm x 35mm
37mm x 35mm landscape
30mm x 41mm landscape
A good selection of sizes and formats to choose from when designing the series of stamps. The RSA website also contains a template for the correct positioning of the Queens head and stamp value:
Important that I stick to their size and positioning conventions for my submission. Already I can see the constraints of the conventions, the Queens head needs to be placed in the top left or right and the value which can be placed in any of the above positions takes up a rather large portion of the frame. Looking at the brief now I can see it will be far more difficult than placing an image into the frame as the head and values could cover an important part of the image. Looking at these templates has also brought to my mind the issue of white frame vs bleed.
Below is the definitive sample they have provided.






No comments:
Post a Comment