Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Yearbook Initial Spreads 2

Some initial spreads from Ian. 
This is the 9 column grid that we have agreed upon and are currently working to:
Really like the amount of white space at the top of this layout. Perhaps the top of the large picture frame could line up with the top of the name though. The drop of three images to the right is an interesting touch and allows for macro or detail shots of work. 
I like the positioning of the large photo in the layout below, it adds balance and the white space above it draws your eye to the right hand page. Not too sure about the three tier photo frames because of their size. Perhaps a single large frame would work better? Just a thought. 
I think the boarder of the right hand page frame really helps set off such a large image. Would be interesting to the image full bleed in addition though...
Like in this one :) I like the way the page number sits on the full bleed image, adding detail and continuing the colour theme of the book (as we are the third year to graduate and the previous two yearbooks have used yellow and red, we though we would complete the primary colors set by using blue). 
The layout of the name etc has changed slightly compared to the previous layout. I think it now spreads into the white space a little too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - FMP