Moving on from the previous initial layouts, I decided to work on the ones we thought were most successful.
Addition of the page number to the page furniture helps to add balance with the blue now in all four corners. I can't help but feel the layout is too rigid though.
Introduced two smaller frames with a knock out line framing on the top one. This allows for more white space on the page and prevents the DPS from looking quite so rigid. Also attempted moving the personal information column to the right hand side of the DPS. As you can see it works equally well on this side.
I'm not convinced by the knocked out frame line, neither are Ian and Charlotte. Also, we need to figure out what header typeface we want to use. The one I've used on these initial layouts is a bit too bold. I like the idea of using a serif and contrasting it with helvetica body copy (the College standard).
We are meeting tomorrow morning to review all of our initial layouts to figure out what is / isn't working and apply it to our next stages of development. Should be good.



No comments:
Post a Comment