Printed proof of my context book to see whether I got my head around laying out a french-fold book correctly. I did. Yippee! That said there are a couple of amendments to be made.
The contents should be moved to reflect the layout of text in the rest of the book - at the moment it is too close to the gutter.
The same goes for the introduction header. This will create continuity between spreads and editorial layout.
As you can see the left hand page needs the text to move over to the left to reflect the right hand page:
I have cropped the right and left hand edges to the bleed instead of the crop marks to allow for images being lost in the gutter when the spreads are combined. The good news is that the 8mm bleed I left for this is very nearly bang on: I am going to move each page frame of the diagram 2mm toward their outside edge to add an extra overlap. This should be perfect:
Pictures although below 300dpi are printing fine + type perfectly legible and captions well proportioned:Page breaks are too close to the gutter so will be moved to the outside margin on the recto / verso pages - this ties in with the corrections to the above introduction spreads, adding a greater sense of continuity to the book.
Once all these changes have been made its time to get printing the final book. I intend for the inner pages to be broken down into sections and sewn together - binding all of them with glue for strength afterwards. I'll only have one shot so fingers crossed it all goes to plan! I'm sure it will :)
No comments:
Post a Comment