For the packaging for my London Underground postage stamp series I thought I would utilise one of my dropped designs. One that represents the tube lines through the coloured lines found on the tube map iteslf:
I particularly liked this stamp design and thought it would compliment my chosen underground stamp designs perfectly. The trickiest part proved to be getting the angle and weight of the lines correct for the front of the packaging.
This attempt leaves very little room for the package information.
A similar story using the tube lines on the front only. The '6x1st' and Royal Mail logo look too constrained and the reverse side far too plain.
Better to use a similar approach to the previous one and skew the lines at a lesser angle so as to not take up too much of the white space.
Having placed all of the elements I decided to increase the size of the lines to make them slightly more prominent. I think the balance of information and image is pretty much bang on now.
On a related note, I also reckon that this design could be quite a good Oyster Card holder design. If I have time I might mock one up.
Inside:
Similar to the Colourblind Diagnosis series I elected to use a high contrast black background to best show off the stamp designs.
The larger format of the Underground stamps in comparison to the Colourblind Diagnosis series means that the packaging is large in size - this is why I have chosen to present the information parragraph on the inside in a column.
I also introduced the TFL logo and website to make the series more convincing - as if it could operate in the real world.









No comments:
Post a Comment