For my Penny Black redesign I wanted to keep the design as simple as I have kept my chosen redesign. As you can see, they are intentionally extremely minimal in appearance - only displaying the necessary information. This is referenced by the simple layout of the description paragraph.
For the cover I also wanted to keep it simple but with an added flair to give them the impression of them bring limited edition. To add this 'flair' I utilised one of the dropped redesign designs - my intention for the low weight strokes of the design to mirror those found on currency and to add a fine detail that would suggest its collectibility.
The only problem was where to place the barcode? As with the Colourblind Diagnosis series packaging I decided to make the barcode shallower to better accommodate it onto the smaller packaging size.
In the bottom left it looked too dominant over the other information:
Turned 90º anti clockwise provided a better position for the barcode. As you can see I also attempted to turn the type 90º but feel it looks a bit stupid because it does not mirror that found on the front.
Keeping the barcode at 90º with the type the correct way allows for a better spacing of the information on the left panel whilst the barcode creates a nice barrier between recto and verso.






No comments:
Post a Comment