With the master document pretty much complete, we wanted to address the type on the cover to make it a bit more visually interesting. I took it upon myself to fix it slightly. We didn't want to go too mad but just tweak Georgia to add a bit more uniqueness and intrigue.
Original Type + Amended 'f':
I tried to use the bulbous serif of the 's' to add interest to the L but we felt that its not in keeping with the rest of the typeface. The junction where the two join is not as seamless as we'd like. Alternate serif on the L ascender + Various edits of the E in 'Enquiry':
Close Up E - favourite is the underlined although it still doesn't feel right. Better to leave this unedited.
Will pointed out the awkward 'q' descender serif so I attempted to redesign that instead. Ian also asked me to make the bulbous 'r' serif smaller. Before & After:
These changes help to add motion to the words and subtly boost the book title to a more 'designed' aesthetic. This attention to detail references the detail found in the patterns inside.
Original title and edited final:
The changes help to make the title softer and welcoming. We'll be applying it to the cover tomorrow once we rescue our files (fingers crossed!). I'll keep you informed.







No comments:
Post a Comment