Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Harry Greaves - Compliments Slip

Business card done, I went on to design the accompanying compliments slip to be sent with delivered furniture to customers. A nice touch for the bespoke furniture he designs and makes.
I wanted to keep plenty of white space for handwritten messages and also kept the three shapes the same size as on the business card for continuity across the range. The only problem was where to position the contact information? - 
In the end I settled upon the following layout because of the vertical line caused by the left justified text and left edge of the square. Positioning the text and image frames to the right of the document causes a natural distinction / barrier between the contact details and hand written message. I also think that the hand written message (if any) should be the first thing the recipient reads and this layout positioning enables this.  
On the reverse of the compliment slip I thought it would be a nice touch to have the red identity colour full bleed with the shapes mirroring their position on front side of the card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2009 - FMP