Another favourite of many people, I wanted to display my Marshall Amp stack illustration at a larger scale than on the stamps themselves. To do this I simply enlarged the illustration for the front of the packaging and positioned the Royal Mail logo and Value over the top. My dilemma though was where to place it?
Left looked odd:
As did right:
So I placed it bang in the middle - where you would expect to find a Marshall logo. This sits best because of the link to the product itself. You can also see that I moved the barcode but this is too close to the illustration and interrupts the space to the left of it.
I much prefer the negative space to the left of the illustration with the information on the back panel to the far left - creating a nice distinction between the type and image.
On the inside I wanted to create a separation between the description paragraph and the image stamps - I first tried to do this by using a darker colour on the verso panel:
This looked too separated to I went the other direction and linked the recto and verso by using the darner colour to simulate a stage floor. The benefit of this is that once folded the darker 'floor' colour would be poking out right hand side by 5mm thanks to the offset fold - suggesting to the user to open the packaging.








No comments:
Post a Comment